A true hero father Polo Rodriguez dies after rescuing his family from a fire in Las Vegas.
The tragic fire happened last Saturday at the home of Polo Rodriguez where approximately a dozen family members were at the home, located near Maryland Parkway and Hacienda Ave at 5225 Reeder Court, celebrating a baptism.
A deep fryer caused the deadly fire after it was accidentally knocked over.
The fire spread quickly into the house and to the attic of the home.
The deep fryer was positioned within the enclosed front porch.
Family members describe Polo coming out with with his wife and his toddler son and his niece in his arms and that all of them were on fire.
Polo Rodriguez is a hero. He saved his family and paid the ultimate price with his own life.
Five people were originally hospitalized, Rodriguez, his wife, child, niece and his mother-in-law
Rodriguez suffered burns on 70% of his body.
13 Action news reports that that Polo Rodriguez’ wife, son and niece are hospitalized and fighting for their lives. They have a chance of recovering due to the selfless and heroic actions of Rodriguez.
Rodriguez’ mother-in-law was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and has since been realized.
Two dogs also died in the blaze.
The fast moving fire was put out quickly however the damage was severe. In addition to those that lost their lives and were injured, damages to the home are estimated at $40,000.
The Red Cross was assisting the family and a bank account has been set up at Wells Fargo bank to help cover the funeral expenses of Polo Rodriguez and to cover hospital bills for the family. If you wish to donate, the account number is 5714691705.