The Saudi Sergeant child rapist who raped a 13-year-old- boy in his hotel room at Circus Circus on New Years Eve in 2012 is scheduled to appear in court tomorrow.
Mazen Alotaibi, 23 was arrested after the boy was able to leave the hotel room and contacted hotel security. He said he was pulled into a hotel room by Alotaibi the morning of December 31, 2012 and sexually violated.
The boy also said that three men, who did not speak English, were present in the room smoking marijuana and watched the attack.
Alotaibi was arrested and concerns quickly surfaced that international authorities would intervene, in an attempt to free him. Assurances were made that there would be no outside interference, however, that is not the case.
The Saudi Sergeant made some admissions indicating that he did have sex with the 13-year-old but said it was “accidental”.
His legal team sought $25,000 bail and said that Alotaibi would remain in the United States and surrender his diplomatic passport.
Bail was set in the amount of $1.22 million and later increased to $1.72 after new charges were added.
The unidentified boy was staying in the hotel with his father and claims he was accosted in the hotel hallway while on his way to the hotel’s doughnut shop on December 31, 2012..
In spite of prior assurances that there would be no international interference, that has already began to change with talk surfacing that Alotaibi was too drunk when he made the decision to give up his constitutional rights to have a lawyer present during questioning.
And now he is claiming a language barrier as well and the Saudi consulate legal attache is involved too.
Alotaibi’s defense is also claiming that the boy was the one seeking one seeking marijuana and was the one who refused to leave the hotel room.
Even if that was true, a person under 16 years of age cannot legally consent to sex.
All of the claims now being made, with Saudi official in the sidelines, appear to be smokescreens to mask their true involvement in the case.
Alotaibi, the Saudi Sergeant child rapist is scheduled to plead not guilty when he appears in court tomorrow.
He could face life in prison, however with all the legal wrangling going on, the outcome is not certain.
So far, the other adult men that were present in the room and allegedly witnessed the attack, have not been arrested.